Writing Content for SEO: A Beginners Guide for New Bloggers
Everyone wants their content to appear in the results of search engines. However, many new bloggers have trouble writing content for SEO. This article is intended to help beginning blog writers learn how they can make their articles better so they will rank better on search engines. I will discuss some of the ways you can easily create the kind of content that search engines will love. While there are no rules “written in stone” for writing content to rank on search engines, there are a few basic guidelines which should be followed when creating online content to rank on search engines.
One of the most important factors which decides where a page will rank on search engines is the content of the page. Inbound links to your site and pages also is a major factor, but for the most part an author has little control over other sites which may link to content they have written.
While other on-page SEO factors like page title and meta description play a roll, the heart and soul of every page on the internet is content. And authors have complete control over the content of the pages they create. Here are a few important guidelines to help beginners write better content for SEO:
- Be original. Unique and original content ranks better than content copied from other sites. Avoid “spinning content” as changing a few words or phrases does not make an article “orginal” content.
- While all of your articles should be written so they can rank on search engines, you can never forget that articles should be written for people, and not search engines. Make sure you never focus on content for SEO to the point it makes an article unreadable.
- Each page of content should have no less than 300 words. Search engines seek pages which would be valuable to readers and a page with more content is more likely to rank highly compared to a similar page with less content.
- Your content should be highly focused on a particular issue or topic. If you bring up too many different issues or topics in the same article, it will weaken the articles ability to achieve top rankings.
- Add images, videos, or other media to your articles wherever possible. Articles with at least 1 image, graphic, or embedded video will often rank better in searches because people tend to spend more time on pages which are more than just plain text.
- Use proper grammar and spelling at all times. Poor grammar and incorrect spelling will discourage people from linking to your page.
- Keep going, and do not give up on blogging. So many people give up on writing content too early. Each article you write will help you to create better articles in the future, and add to the number of articles on your site. Never give up!
If you follow these simple guidelines and suggestions, you will definitely see your articles appearing higher in search results over time. As you become more experienced with writing articles and content for SEO you will discover more things that will help you rank higher and incorporate these new discoveries into your writing style.